Sector3 has released an extensive update for RaceRoom Racing Experience, bringing many new fixes to the title. In addition, the new Hillclimb Pack has been released, giving you the opportunity to drive historic hillclimb cars up the RaceRoom Hillclimb course.
The Hillclimb Pack includes 5 cars with 14 available liveries to choose from:
- BMW 635 CSI
- BMW M1 Procar
- BMW 320 Turbo
- BMW M3 E30 Gr.A
- Carlsson SLK 340 JUDD
The pack also features the RaceRoom Hillclimb, a 10.2 mile hillclimb course, which is very technical and tricky to drive. While each piece of content is available separately, it is recommended to buy the entire pack, for a 60% savings. The pack is available now for 849 vRP.
In addition to this new release, we have a major patch released for RaceRoom Racing Experience. This improves a lot of the under-the-hood functionality, as well as some minor graphics enhancements. For the full list of improvements, check out the changelog below.
Have you checked out the RaceRoom Racing Experience Hillclimb Pack? What are your thoughts on it? Let us know in the comments below!
[accordion_item title=”RaceRoom Racing Experience 2/12/15 Patch Info”]Game
– Removed forced camera in pits.
– Fixed AI overtaking during rolling start.
– Fixed an issue with Italian FFB descriptions getting cut.
– Optimized graphical performance.
– Fixed an issue where the final standings screen would show the same number for two cars.
– Fixed an issue where force feedback and rumble was still sending data when quitting or getting disqualified.
– Fixed an issue with end results screen.
– Fixed an issue where the amount of fuel in cars differed between game modes.
– Fixed an issue where the last race results overlay showed all entries as “28”.
– Fixed an issue where the default steering lock would change to the wrong default locks.
– Fixed an issue where player would end up in garage menu with DRIVE option with no function, when getting disqualified during qualifying session.
– We now save after each session (practice, qualify, race) instead of after an event (race) in championships.
– Fixed an issue with AI pitting on last lap.
– Fixed an issue with AI being shown as “+1 lap” in results if player wins the race.
– Fixed the squashed red “Quit” button in old menu dialogue box.
– Fixed an issue where the scrollbar was not uniform across all the Controller settings pages.
– Fixed an issue with wheel range and steering lock randomly getting reset.
– Fixed an issue where user was unable to load into a track with AI if the user didn’t own the AI car.
– Fixed lap counter in pause menu not always matching with the real lap counter.
– Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join competitions.
– Fixed an issue where users could get “Invalid game or game settings” error message while going from an experience menu back to the old green orb menus.
– Fixed a memory leak on dedicated server.
– Fixed an issue with rolling start for Multiplayer Qualify and Race.
– Changed so the default race end time is 60 in case it’s not set on server end to avoid players getting kicked out.
– Added additional logging functionalities to catch the issue where player clicks on the livery repeatedly but nothing happens. Please make sure you have ping to the server before entering.
– Fixed an issue in race results when two players cross the finish line very close to each other.
AI & Physics & Sound
– Revised Aquila Physics.
– Revised Daytona Prototype Physics.
– Adjusted BMW M3 E30 Gr.A sounds.
– Mid Ohio – Various art fixes.
– Slovakiaring – Various bug fixes and updates.
– Hungaroring – Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
– Suzuka – Various bug fixes and improvements.
– Optimized images overall. We now use Webp instead of PNG in game themes to improve menu loading.
– Added test drive to purchase item prompt in RR experience.
– Changed the support links to direct to our new forums forum.sector3studios.com
– Added additional login options in various prompts if user is not logged in.
– Fixed an issue where VIP profile backgrounds would take over the Experience style in non RR experience portal pages.
– We now show which packs an item is available in individual item pages rather than in checkout only.
– MP Browser – Changed so that we only show – on servers with no ping for the first time to avoid flickering by repeating.
– Fixed DTM 2014 default leaderboard page showing DTM 2013 car class by default.
– Fixed an issue where users could not load into certain tracks such as purchased via European Track Pack, before the pack was updated with more tracks.[/accordion_item]