Another update and DLC have been released for Reiza Studios’ Automobilista! Version 1.15 of Reiza’s latest sim has been released, alongside the Imola DLC.
The Automobilista v1.15 update brings a multitude of fixes to the sim. Most notably, some tweaks to the AI and collision detection have helped improve racing against the computer. ISIMotor-based simulators have been notorious for having lackluster AI, but Reiza has done a great job improving the AI. For a full changelog of this latest update, check out the bottom of this post.
The real star of this update though is the Imola DLC. The DLC is the first of the “Legendary Tracks” DLCs, and features Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari. The track has been meticulously recreated from four periods in history. First, there is the 1972 version of the circuit, which offers a great challenge for the Formula Vintage and Formula Retro open-wheel racers. the 1988 variant of the circuit allows you to race at one of the most iconic configurations, which ran until Ayrton Senna’s death in 1994. The 2001 variant gives you a glimpse at the circuit post-safety enhancements, and the 2016 version gives a look at how the circuit is today.
The Imola DLC pack is available now on Steam for $5.99. Have you given the pack a go yet? What are your thoughts? Let us know!
Automobilista v1.15 Changelog
Cars (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR BRIT PACK AND / OR SEASON PASS OWNERS):
- Added Ultima GTR Standard Road Series (less powerful than the original 720 model)
Tracks (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR IMOLA AND / OR SEASON PASS OWNERS):
- Added 4 versions of Imola – 1972, 1988, 2001, 2016
Features & Fixes
- Opponent filters now listed alphabetically in session menu
- Added vehicle configuration menu to Multiplayer car selection screen
- Slightly toned down AI aggression when near other cars for all tracks
- Removed the fields with wrong info from AMS Config
- Added Memory load warning when approaching application limit
- Fixed shader initialization bug with could cause tire textures to become darkened in saved replays
- Added warning messages for Pit Lane Closed & Open during multiplayer start procedures for players starting from the pits
- Increased Multiplayer pre-race time from 30s to 60s
- Switched penalty for leaving the pits under a red light after race start from DQ to stop/go (penalty when leaving before the start remains DQ)
- Updated UI sound effects
- Several track limit detection tweaks at Interlagos, Mendig, Montreal, Granja, VIR, Salvador & Supertruck layouts
- Adjusted collision feelers for better detection, slightly improved behavior & AI awareness
- Corrected engine sound panning for cars with alternative driver seat positions
- Minor DFV sound update
- Corrected pit menu settings for brit pack cars
- Updated road & terrain properties for Brands, Cadwell & Oulton
- Brands: Rebuilt GP layout AIW in hope of fixing reported online freezing issues
- Cadwell: Fixed issue with falling through terrain on right hand side just before mountain turns
- Oulton: Moved tire stacks on apexes back by about 20cm; Improved wrong way messages when running wide on straight after Cascades (may still occur in some circunstances); Adjusted AI line through Druids in International layout
- Spielberg: Adjusted AI line through last corner
- Mini: Minor adjustment to onboard engine sounds
- StockV8: Corrected Julio Campos driver number
- Metalmoro: Fixed cockpit windows texture
- Boxer Cup: Fixed cockpit windows texture
- Superkart: Fixed low-res mirrors
- F-V10: Added community Team Cosmo; Adjusted default setup; increased soft tire wear rate
- Metalmoro: Added community driver
- Kart: Fixed error in damage file
- F-Vintage: Fixed material name with gold rims which could cause GMT errors
- F-Vee: Fixed unrealistic front suspension animation
- Ultima GTR: Various physics adjustments; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
- F-Trainer: Various physics adjustments; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
- MRC2000: Various physics adjustments;Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties; Added left driver side configuration
- Caterhams: Fixed Oil and Water gauges; added headlights for cockpit view; Added rollcage to driver side configuration; Adjusted drag coefficient; Revised tires in all models; Adjusted AI performance; Adjusted gearshift timings; Adjusted driving aid properties
OBS: Steam Achievements are being phased in over the next couple of weeks. You may notice some basic Achievements popping up in the meantime.
OBS2: Updated integration with newer Logitech drivers has been postponed for the next build (no need to update drivers just yet).
OBS3: If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.1.1 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.