Reiza Studios has released a new update for Automobilista, bringing it to version 1.4.5. The new update brings the Stock Car Brasil 2017 Series and a new circuit: Curvelo!
Curvelo, also known as Circuito dos Cristais (translation: Circuit of the Crystals), is one of the newest circuits on the Stock Car Brasil roster. The track finished construction in April of 2016, and has hosted the Stock Car Brasil series in November of the same year. In addition to hosting the series, there are talks that this could become a new circuit for both MotoGP and Formula One in the future.
The 2017 Stock Car Brasil update for Automobilista is also a welcome addition in this latest update. It is worth mentioning that in the off-season, Peugeot left the series, so the only car featured in the championship is the Chevrolet Cruze, but the car has been updated to fit 2017 specs in the sim. The Push-to-Pass functionality has also been revised, to better match the real life counterpart.
Some other welcome fixes and additions are now present. Multiple tracks have seen updates to track textures, and the AI have seen some tweaks. For the full list of updates, check out the changelog below.
Are you excited for the latest content for Automobilista? Let us know!
Changelog for Automobilista v1.4.5
- Added Curvelo circuit (“A” & “B” layouts)
- Added Stock Car Brasil 2017 series
UPDATES & FIXES
- Revised AI overtaking risk calculations – AI now constantly looks for a way past a slower car ahead (no longer backs off overtakes) *
- Revised & Expanded Push-to-Pass functionality, simulating Stock Car 2017 season (including windshield lights indicating activation / availability)
- AI now also uses P2P to overtake / defend from opponents
- Added new car-specific AI risk calculation parameters for overtaking – AI now factors corner radius ahead to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake
- Added new AI function to prevent AI car from trying to rejoin the track after a spin until there is no oncoming traffic
- AI now affected by grass / gravel grip levels & dirt on tires (it will lift a bit until tires are clean again)
- Added new controller damping sliders & presets for better keyboard & gamepad control **
- Moved camera settings to DISPLAY UI screen, & added a “Lock to Horizon” slider (where 0% is pre-v1.4 setting, and 100% is latest setting)
- Added Garage UI warning message for series in which race refuelling is not allowed, & disabled HUD pit menu fuel adjustment for those series ***
- Several minor UI fixes & adjustments
- Adjusted audio occlusion, low pass & wind filters
- Adjusted AI drafting, slip reaction, aggression levels
- Changed default cockpit FOV from 50 to 45 degrees
- Adjusted traction control functionality (as a driving aid)
- Added PLR file setting to disable track scoreboards (known to cause some issues in live streaming)
- Track state regression between sessions & overnight reduced from 2% & 10% respectively to 1% & 5%
- Corrected excessive fuel consumption in Caterhams, MCR, Marcas, Lancers
- Updated sunrise/sunset lighting values for all tracks
- Updated Cadwell, Brands, Imola, VIR, Curitiba. Cascavel, Kansai, Velocittá, Taruma, Goiania, Spielberg, Santa Cruz, Guaporé, Londrina, Interlagos terrain & road textures to latest quality standard
- Minor road & curb updates at Curitiba, Tarumã, Goiania, Santa Cruz, Londrina, Interlagos to match their 2017 layouts
- Fixed F-Ultimate tire options for Interlagos, Kansai
- Karts: Fixed handling-breaking suspension bug from last hotfix
- MCR: Fixed RPM LEDs not working in left-hand driver side
- Camaro: Added 2017 Stock Car Safety Car skin
* For this build Medium aggression is generally recommended for best AI racing; higher settings may be suitable for tin tops in which more bumping & rubbing is acceptable; Low aggression disables all new risk bypassing functions and effectively reverts to their pre v1.4.5 behavior with regards to overtaking.
** Users of digital inputs should review their settings for steering, throttle and brake rates.
*** All cars / tracks still allows race refuelling for all classes, so users looking to get around series refuelling rules should use that for both single & multiplayer races (be advised that AI fuel strategy for longer races may not be ideal).
Important note for Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is still on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled v1.4.5_G29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.
If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.4.32 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.
If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).
If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.