Reiza Studios has updated Automobilista to version 1.20, as well as introducing a new series, the Formula Dirt! In addition, we have a brand new DLC, in the form of the Formula Truck Series.
The Formula Dirt series reminds me of the Quarter Midget race cars, but possibly oriented towards rallycross/trophy truck courses. If my suspicions are correct, I’d assume that these cars are powered by a go-kart engine, which is something that Reiza seems to specialize in, given the wide spread of solid karting content in the sim.
The Formula Truck series is based off of Reiza’s previous game, Game Formula Truck 2013, and has seen some improvements to make it to Automobilista’s standards. The add-on also adds the 160 km/h “Speed Trap Rule” (see bottom of post for explanation), to bring the series closer to real life.
In addition to these two additions, the Brit Pack also has some enhancements to the Caterham lineup. Now, they include the 270R Road, Academy (previously 270R), Supersport, 360R Road, Superlight Standard, Superlight Sequential (previously 360R), 620R Road (previously 620R).
For more information about the new content, check out the info below. What piece of content are you most excited about? Let us know!
Automobilista v1.20 is now released! As promised, we have a nice little gift with the addition of the Formula Dirt series, along with the new Ascurra dirt circuit!
With v1.20 also is our third DLC for AMS, as FORMULA TRUCK is now also available for purchasehere.
If you are interested in the other upcoming Automobilista DLCs however it is strongly recommended you check the AMS “Season Pass” for all upcoming DLCs (for those that already have the base game) and the bundle of AMS Base + Season Pass (including the base game).
Below is the Changelog for v1.20:
- Added Formula Truck Series (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR OWNERS OF FORMULA TRUCK AND / OR SEASON PASS):
- Modified & incremented Caterham series structure & associated customizations – now includes 270R Road, Academy (previously 270R), Supersport, 360R Road, Superlight Standard, Superlight Sequential (previously 360R), 620R Road (previously 620R) (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR OWNERS OF BRIT PACK AND / OR SEASON PASS)
- Added Formula Dirt Series
- Added Ascurra Dirt Track
- Added Extra custom Formula Truck track layouts
Features & Fixes
- Fixed bug causing AI cars to take on full fuel tanks in timed races rather than properly estimating the right amount
- Added a function to prevent AI cars from taking fuel in pitstops when the series does not allow refuelling
- Adjusted points system for F3, Super V8, Boxer Cup, Supertruck, F-Trainer series
- Added option to customize number of warnings (range 0-100) for track limit violations before penalty is triggered (options both in-game & Dedi tool)
- Added support for Formula Truck Speed Trap rules (switch on and off from rules menu)
- Tripled range for in-car seat adjustment
- Fixed bug which could cause disappearing UI elements in Multiplayer screen
- Disabled option to turn Hardware plugins on/off from in-game
- Further adjustments to AI to reduce their aggression & improve awareness in close racing conditions
- Tweaked chassis ground scraping sound in Formula cars
- New samples & code developments for several sound effects – traction control, tire rolling / scrubbing / skidding, wind & chassis floor scraping
- Fixed issues with sound effect from hitting suspension bumpstops
- Adjustments to session UI & showroom to better suit F-Trucks
- Globally reduced tolerance for rev mismatch in manual gear shifts (should allow less clutchless shifts in manual boxes)
- Adjusted drag coefficients from various aero elements in formula cars
- F-V12: Slightly revised internal engine sounds
- F-3: Added configuration option for LCD and steering wheel type/ Fixed mirrors light exposure; adjusted mirror position; Added rev lights on steering wheel & mirrors for Tcam view; Adjusted fuel consumption
- Opala: Revised starter & external engine sounds
- Boxer Cup: Adjusted tire physics
- F-V10: Sligthly improved AI performance
- Ultima GTR: Adjusted rear damper rates & AI performance for road versions
- Stock V8: Slightly tweaked tire lateral / longitudinal force combining
- Montana: Slightly tweaked tire lateral / longitudinal force combining
- Caterham: AI performance callibration; adjusted fuel consumption
- Metalmoro: AI performance callibration
- SuperV8: tire material correction
- Lancer Rallycross: Added new Russia Team skin; Adjusted AI performance
- Karting: Adjusted kart tires & AI performance
- F-Vintage: fixed wheel collision detection; Adjusted front tire load sensitivity
OBS 1: Brief explanation of Formula Truck Speed Trap rule: every Formula Truck layout has a Speed Trap in a section of the track (usually the fastest, its location being indicated by the icon on its trackmap, by the flashing icon on top left corner as you approach it while driving, and by a line of cones trackside) through which drivers are supposed to cross going no faster than 160 km/h. Exceeding 160 km/h through the Speed Trap will result in lap being invalidated in practice / qual, or an instant drive-through penalty in races. Players may opt to switch the rule off from the Rules menu.
OBS 2: Formula Trucks chop off their 1st gear so it skips straight to 2nd; if you are using an H Shifter you start from 2nd, which is also very short. Typically on track you´ll only use 3rd-6th.
OBS 3: F-Truck diesel smoke from the exhaust is still being worked on and has not been implemented in this build
OBS 4: For those who are used to running short times races, you may have to adjust your AI settings as with fuel estimation fix they will be appropriately competitive now – consistent in fact with their practice / quali performance, as they were in lap-based races.
If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).
For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game, please refer to USER MANUAL present as a launch option from Steam If you need further assistance please post it inV1.0 troubleshooting topic or email firstname.lastname@example.org (please allow for up to 1 business day for a reply).