The latest update for Automobilista has been released, introducing the new Copa Montana and Mendig Flugpatz circuit.
Formerly used in one of the Stock Car Brazil’s feeder series, the Copa Chevrolet Montana is definitely a great addition to the racing simulation. Powered by a V8 mated to a manual transmission, the car provides quite a bit of a challenge. With the truck body changing aerodynamics a bit, it makes things very interesting.
The Mendig Flugpatz circuit is a semi-fictional airport circuit, and is being gradually rolled out in waves. The latest update brings one variant to the sim, and from early videos, it looks like a load of fun! It will be interesting to see what else comes to the sim as it gets closer to the 1.0 release.
After the Copa Montana and Mendig Flugpatz’s release, Reiza studios has the Formula Vintage lined up, recreating the late-60’s classic era of Formula One. The British Pack will bring some fan favorite British circuits to the sim as well, further expanding their horizons.
The 0.9.6. release of Automobilista has also brought the eagerly awaited Virtual Xperience Portal. Poor spelling aside, the VX Portal is hoping to inject more of a community into the racing title. You will be able to take part in time trials, find races and leagues, etc. It sounds like it will also implement well with Sim Racing System, which will be great for communities using that.
The full changelog for the 0.9.6 Update for AMS will be listed below. Are you excited for the release of the new Copa Montana? Let us know in the comments!
- Added Copa Montana Series
- Added Mendig Flugplatz (first of many layouts still to come for this venue)
Features & Fixes:
- Added Time Trial integration with Virtual Xperience portal leaderboards
- Integrated Steam Matchmaker into in-game Multiplayer lobby
- Added new track limit violation system to clamp down excessive corner cutting & running wide (still subject to some track-specific fine-tuning)
- Adjusted tree shaders for improved lighting
- Added alternative Interlagos, Kansai, Montreal, Spielberg track options removing GP-specific trackside objects and DRS / tire compound rules (same layout otherwise)
- Fixed several multiplayer screen UI errors
- DynHUD: Fixed HUD not displayed (properly) on multiplayer race start; Added a custom fix to Johannesburg trackmap; Fixed profile info being applied too late
- VIR: Tweaked AI lines at Grand & Full layouts so they do a better job of avoiding dangerous curbs
- F-Extreme Fixed oversized DRS textures which could cause memory overload
- F-Retro: Fixed gear shift light not working
- Boxer: Corrected off-center LCD display; Tweaked rear light; Fixed windshield reflection; Minor engine sound tweak; Minor adjustment to damper rates & rear wing; Increased default front anti-roll bar setting
- Marcas: Minor tightening of tire slip angles & chassis inertia adjustment