UPDATE: According to Fanatec’s blog post on the wheel, the wheel is not yet available in America, due to Fanatec waiting on a couple things from Sony. It should be available sooner rather than later though.
EDIT: The wheel is also listed on the Australian Fanatec Page for $749 AUD
One of Fanatec’s worst kept secrets is that there is an upcoming CSL Elite model that is compatible for the Playstation 4. Now, it has emerged on the EU Fanatec website, and it is also shown to be compatible with the Xbox One! Also, IT’S AVAILABLE NOW!!!
The information from the website shows that this model is actually a significant improvement over the CSL Elite released last year for the Xbox One. Like the Clubsport Wheel V2.5, this wheel will feature a 1000Hz refresh rate, compared to the 2016 CSL Elite’s 500Hz.
The “2017 CSL Elite” looks to feature the same brushless motor as the 2016 model, which produces around 6Nm of torque. Like the other CSL Elite Base, and the Fanatec CSW series, this wheel base is compatible with all accessories, including the Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake, which is a first for a PS4-compatible rim!
The steering wheel rim also looks to be an improvement over the CSL Steering Wheel P1, with the new rim featuring a combination of genuine leather and suede padding. Another interesting feature on the wheel rim is that the buttons can be replaced, if you would prefer to have a wheel rim to NOT have the Playstation buttons.
As of right now, this wheel looks to ONLY be available on the European Fanatec store, and ONLY as a bundle with the new wheel Rim. At 499.95€, it is around 80€ higher than the Xbox One counterpart, but the new base looks to have one thing that beats out both the 2016 CSL Elite, and the CSW V2.5…
The new CSL Elite Wheel Base will be the first wheel that is compatible with BOTH the Xbox One and Playstation 4!!! Granted it looks like you’ll need both the CSL Steering Wheel P1 (or the Universal Hub) and the new Playstation 4 compatible rim, but this is a significant achievement!
As mentioned before, the wheel is now available in the European Fanatec website, for 499.95€. Below, I will list all the technical info listed on the site. I will also update this article if/when the US counterpart is listed.
Are you excited for this new wheel base? Let us know in the comments!
- Ultra-strong brushless servo motor which delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis
- Single belt drive unit with ultra-low lag and cogging, and big ball bearings for lowest friction
- DirectSensor™ on the steering axis to prevent influences of the belt drive on the position sensor
- Very fast steering wheel acceleration – ideal for drifting
- 1080° of rotation which can be adjusted in the tuning menu of the attached steering wheel
- Integrated rev light bar in the wheel base
- Choose from a growing selection of very realistic steering wheels in many different styles
- Quick Release system to allow for the easy exchange of steering wheels within seconds, also during gameplay
- Supports vibration motors in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The included steering wheel does not come with vibration motors.
- Table clamp included. Thickness range of the table board/desktop that the table clamp is able to lock is 1,0 to 6,0 cm
- Firmware can be updated with new features
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake
- Steering wheel with realistic size (Ø30cm/11,81″)
- Very low steering wheel weight of only 970 g for fast acceleration and fidelity
- RevStripe™ in wheel rim, which is a combined centrestripe and a revmeter, using a multicolour LED
- Three digits LED display smoothly integrated to wheel rim below the RevStripe™, featuring telemetry data like speed or gears to be displayed by games or third-party software
- Wheel rim with perforated genuine leather, suede fabric and cross-stitched seam
- Completely redesigned, durable shifter paddles with intensive Snapdome click feeling
- Brushed aluminium spokes with fibre enforced back cover
- Buttons with PS4™ symbols, exchangeable by included racing style button caps
- Tuning functions* with LED display of the steering wheel to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game. Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel from 90° to 1080°
- Adjust force feedback strength during game play
- Adjustment for vibration intensity in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model). The vibration motors can be used by a game directly or by the ABS function
- Simulate ABS vibration in the steering wheel (depending on the steering wheel model) and on pedals with rumble motor like the ClubSport Pedals V3 by setting a starting point at % of brake input
- Advanced Drift Mode can add a natural damper to avoid oscillation or a negative damper which will speed up the wheel.
- Customize the force feedback sensations by changing the spring, force effects and dampening forces
- Adjust the brake force sensitivity of compatible loadcell pedals like the ClubSport Pedals V3 or the CSL Elite Pedals LC
- * Tuning functions are subject to change.
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (direct connection to wheel base)
- All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels
- All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport, CSR, CSR Elite, CSL and CSL Elite Pedals (adapter cables might be required)
- All Fanatec CSL and ClubSport Shifters (two shifters simultaneously)
- Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
- Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheel base. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible to the discontinued CSL Seat.
- Please note: Compatibilities to all peripherals except CSL Elite Pedals are not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- PlayStation® systems: This product is fully compatible to the PlayStation®4 system on all games which are supporting this wheel. This includes popular titles like GT Sport, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, DiRT 4 and many more. Please find a list of compatible games here.
- Xbox® systems: The compatibility of the wheel base to Xbox One® (incl. Scorpio) can be achieved with (optional) Fanatec steering wheels with Xbox One® compatibility. Xbox One® compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- PC: This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games. PC compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.